Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Service!

It is the absolute norm in South Africa to moan about what crummy we service we receive (or don't) from anyone who is supposed to be providing a service but today I have to sing the praises of one service industry: P G Glass!!! I had a double crack right across my drivers side of the windscreen of my car ( I have had it for ages but decided to do something about it before we drive to Cape Town in January) and last year had the windscreen replaced VERY BADLY by Glassfit in Rustenburg. So this time we tried PG Glass. OAP phoned PG's service centre and asked where our nearest (bar Rustenburg) centre was and how much would we have to pay, etc. They took all our details of insurance company, address, etc. and ............. suddenly arrived HERE IN THE BUSH to replace my windscreen, properly, efficiently, pleasantly and FREEEEEE!! Can you believe it? Neither can we and we are still waiting for the other shoe to drop! Maybe the insurance company will phone and tell us there's been a mistake or something and we will have to pay an excess? But I now have a wonderful, clean, crack-free windscreen in my car. Don't know for how long as last time my perfect windscreen only lasted a week before a truck lobbed a stone at us and made a hole which developed into the double crack. We were too embarrassed to phone the insurance company and ask for it to be done again!

No comments:

Post a Comment