Sunday, July 21, 2013

Les French insects

Why is it that insects bite me and leave OAP alone?  Is it because I am a sweet little morsel and OAP is a grumpy old fart?  Yeah!!   We have our second batch of guests - OAP's old chum from Dusseldorf and his two grandsons.  Thank heavens he left the dog at home!  Actually I like the boys very much: aged 14 and 10 the younger one reminds me of my dearest grandson who I miss like mad over here.  Today we dragged them, kicking and screaming to two vide-greniers in the amazing heat (29 degrees) and then bought them cokes and lunch for being such sports!  They bought themselves (DON'T ask me why) a pair of ice tongs and proceeded to irritate everyone for the rest of the day with them!  Eventually the 10 year old fell asleep in the car and the 14 year old, after a valiant effort not to, followed shortly after and peace reigned for an hour!  At home again they had great fun in the road (no traffic) with their remote control cars.  Supper was only at  9 pm - lasagna and salad- eaten in the garden while slapping at the midges and mozzies.  Both boys know to present themselves to me at 7pm to have stuff sprayed and smeared on to try to keep them at bay (the midges and mozzies - not the boys) but itdoesn't seem to help much.  I bought citronella candles and have them burning all over the place but it seems to draw the insects not repel them.

Tomorrow we're off to the lake which hopefully will be more to the boys taste as they are driving OAP mad with their noise, their cars and their restlessness.  Sigh - why can't adults remember what it was like to be a child stuck with a bunch of grumpy old farts?

No comments:

Post a Comment