Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lost in a Cloud!

We woke up this morning to discover that we are lost in cloud - this prompted a lusty singing of "Lost in a cloud, can't look back, la la la la la la la, babeeee"  and then an argument about whether that song, which I am sure was sung by Elvis, was lost in a cloud or lost in a crowd.  Anyone know?  I tried to Google it with no luck.   This weekend is the medieval reinactment of the capture and imprisonment of the muslim Prince Zizim by the Knights Templar.  He was brought back to Bourganeuf and imprisoned in the tower in the centre of town where he apparently lived a luxurious life and eventually became a celebrated member of Frenc society!  They named the tower after him and the main street that runs through town.  But yesterday it rained all day and this morning is a thick mist so I think we'll give the celebrations a miss.  Our neighbours also decided to give it a miss and went elsewhere for their shopping where they found fresh mussels being brought into the poissonerie by the ton.  They bought a huge sackful and came home and invited us to a moules and frites evening.  This was great except for the fact that I am (or was years ago and am reluctant to see if I still am) allergic to them.  No problem, Carol whipped up two lamb fillets for me and I loved the frites and the company!  The others had a HUGE platter full of mussels which they despatched with no trouble at all.  Lots of wine was drunk - actually OAP and I had begun with a glass of wine at 12 noon while I was Skyping Middle Dearie in Oz.  She was ensconced in her camper van somewhere in the wilds of the Australian East Coast in freezing weather and having a glass of vino before going to bed so we thought it appropriate to join her!  I've found a wine I can drink at least two glasses of - Pamplemousse rose (hmm cant get the accent on the e) which is a speciality of the area.  No-one else likes it much as it's slightly sweet and they tend to serve it locally as an aperitif - rose with added grapefruit liqueur - but mine is ready made, cheapish and bought from Aldi!  You know, if I lived here all the time I may just become an alcoholic in my own pathetic way!!

1 comment: