Saturday, August 13, 2011

Firstly I have to thank Favourite Daughter for swopping Kindles, fixing mine and then saying I can keep hers with the green (my favourite colour) cover AND a light!! I love it and can read in bed - something that I haven't done at night for years. Living in a house without electricity does rather curtail ones night time habits. I could wear a miner's headlamp like OAP does but I HATE the way moths and mozzies are attracted to the light and flit around ones face. OAP doesn't seem to mind. I also finally got round to taking my Liliputer to Acer where they fixed it in 5 minutes flat by reinstalling the BIOS (whatever they are). Meanwhile I had bought an almost identical Lily from a friend of ours for such a small amount I just couldn't resist! So I am now the proud owner of Lily1 and Lily2. The differences are: Lily1 has WindowsXP and Lily2 has Windows7, Lily2 is a solid state and Lily1 has an internal drive (not really sure what this means except I believe I can shake Lily2 around without damaging it!), Lily1 lasts for about 2 hours on the battery and Lily2 only an hour, but I can take Lily2's battery and interchange it with Lily1's and therefore get 3 hours without recharging!

Golden Boy is on holiday till September and if they come back from Durban alive I am meeting them at the airport and taking him back to the bush with me for as long as he likes! Yay! I'm off to Woolworths just now to buy all the junk he loves to eat: hot dogs, chicken burgers, melktert, etc.

Our overseas trip has been somewhat curtailed as now I have been given the green light to go (my last blood test JUST squeaked under the acceptable rate) the airline has put up its fares and the soonest we can go without paying in a fortune is the 8th September. So thats our definite daye and only gives us 3 weeks in Switzerland which, actually, is all or maybe more than most working slobs get so I will not moan. NEXT year though we will go early June and only come home end September so I can see IOM sister, collect new, enormous tent from her and then we can all go camping and NOT get broken backs!!

Meanwhile she is off to Oz to spoil granddaughter No1 and welcome Grandson No1 to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment