Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A week with Golden Boy

Golden Boy went off to Durban with his mom who took him surfing, skateboarding and to the rugby amongst other exertions. I met them at the airport last Monday when they came home and brought him back to our house in the bush for 5 days. We didn't do much - just chilled together. The most physical was walking the circuit of Utopia, and as walking is not his priority in life we did it in three stages! He rode his surfboard to and from the laundry - uphill holding onto the car (don't tell mom!) and he has SUCH attitude when he is riding that thing! I clocked him doing 25kph downhill - very scary! We took him to lunch at a local cafe called Kumquat that we love (it has free WiFi as well as Lemon Meringue Pie!) and he "drove" the car home once we got onto the dirt road (well he sat on my knee and steered while I worked the pedals and Grandpa made us laugh with his well timed comments. Much of the time he played games on the computer or Nintendo or watched TV. I hate most of the kids programmes he likes and got him hooked on Weakest Link and Who Wants to be a Millionaire! He is SO polite that there was never any moaning about having to switch off TV or bath or go to bed and the only time he complained was when I was watching Britains Most Scary Murderers or something and he came downstairs and asked me to turn the sound down as it was scaring him !!!!!! Bless! I had to hand him over to his dad at the weekend and boy did the house seem empty when he'd gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment