Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bah! Humbug!

Jingle b*$#@y Bells! Bah Humbug! I hate Christmas! I used to LOVE it - I used to trawl around Christmas fairs and the toy shops, Woolworths and Edgars and buy my kids the latest clothes and the latest toys. I would fill Christmas stocking with a lot of small things that actually added up to more than the main prezzie! Now even Lego (or should I say - especially Lego) is out of my price bracket and Rustenburg Woolys and Edgars do NOT cater for MY sort of kids! All the clothes are in shades of dirty pink, lime green, dirty orange, bright turquoise - saves on the washing I suppose and if I was dressing Noddy it would be fine but these are my grandkids for goodness sake - I want some class please! As to the toys - my granddaughter hates pink and ALL little girl toys are pink and anyway I hate gender specific toys. So this year it's clothes - after MUCH searching and just a teeny bit into the "dirty" colours. Actually her mom will kill me when she sees the Blinding White capri pants - I guarantee they will stay that way for at least 5 minutes!!!! But I hate giving gift vouchers and money - it's such a cop out and I did that for Golden Boy's birthday anyway. THEN _ having done all my shopping in one fell swoop at our local mall I went to our newish very local (only 17km away and situated in a filling station forecourt - Yes - I live near Rustenburg so whadda ya expect?) boutique come restaurant and discovered millions of goodies I could have bought for everyone! Yes it would have bankrupted me but still - everything was unique and lovely - so I did a little top up for everyone to go with the boring things I bought yesterday and then went and consoled myself over breakfast in the restaurant bit while they washed and vacuumed my car!!! NOW - where else can you have all that done in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment